Business NSW (Hunter) is the engine behind the region’s powerhouse economy that has evolved from coal- and steel-based industry into a diverse framework that attracts investment and generates employment for local people.
We represent Australia’s largest regional business community and support business prosperity and strong communities through our member-driven policy and administrative structure.
What we do
- We advocate to improve the business environment for all businesses
- We use news platforms and social media to highlight business issues to government, business owners and the community
- We collaborate with other industry bodies and community organisations to boost our influence
- We help build strong and resilient local communities by making businesses better
How we do it
- We listen to our members to identify emerging challenges for business – through regular surveys, meetings, forums, phone advice lines, policy committees and advisory councils
- We develop policy solutions that make it easier to do business
- We meet face to face with politicians, their staff and government decision-makers
- We produce well-argued, compelling papers and submissions to support our advocacy
- We provide a strong and credible voice to Government, backed by our in-house expertise and feedback provided by the tens of thousands of businesses we represent
- We advocate on the issues that are important to business – including red tape reduction, business taxation, workforce skills, infrastructure, occupational health and safety and workplace relations
Please visit our website here for more information.